Sunday, March 15, 2009

Angel sculpture

The mohair finally arrived. I was excited to finally be able to finish this piece. My first attempt at this type of thing - mixed media of figurative sculpture with clothing and hair and jewelry. I do think I'd like to try my hand at some more, now that I have gone through the whole process. Several ideas I'd like to work with, though there will probably not be time for it in the foreseeable future. Juggling too many projects right now! This one was started last summer, and it took over half a year to finally getting around to completing.

Made from La Dolle paper clay, mohair, silk, lace, metal wire, silver leaf, pearls, rhinestones, and feathers. Apologies for my bad photography.



7 comments:

  1. Lovely! I bet your mom will really like it. I look forward to seeing more in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she can't wait to get her hands on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you are a talent. This is beautiful! I urge you to continue in this new medium. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, it looks as if you've been making dolls for year. You are so talented! And what is the beautifu celtic design in the background? A table? A stepping stone? It looks hand painted or glazed.I wouldn't be surprised if it was more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant years. (trying to get the hang of posting with my new iphone)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a stained glass hanging. Also a first attempt, and also something I'd like to try my hand with more of, though finding a suitable spot at home to do it is hard. You get glass shards everywhere!

    I can't claim originality for that design though, it was similar to this design http://shuibhne.deviantart.com/art/The-Ninth-Wave-25989739 by Oisín Mac Suibhne.

    ReplyDelete