Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lots o' Tarot Stuff


So first off, The Art of Shadowscapes Tarot is now available for pre-order. You can find that here.






Secondly, as if that wasn't enough Tarot yumminess, here's something that I did for White Wolf about a year and half ago, that they finally released (and thus I am released from holding the art secret). From the Mage Tarot, in which they had 5 different artists - one for the majors, and one each for the suits. I was assigned Cups.

I'll have these originals up for sale on Etsy. Probably after I return from Gencon.



Mage Tarot images copyright White Wolf.

7 comments:

  1. your book seems great.
    I greatly appreciate your work.
    bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cups are my favorite suit, I like #10 the best in this set. That must have been tricky making 2 different sets of cups for different decks.
    ~Off to check out the preorder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I was nearly finished with my cups by the time I did these, and also the descriptions provided for me by White Wolf were very specific. So it wasn't too bad. If I had to come up with my own interpretations it would have been much harder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set! My favorite one is 9.

    Out of curiosity, how many hours on average did it take you per piece?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia -- I don't remember any longer, this was over a year ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite has to be the lady at the bottom on the throne idly writing mystical glowy text while cradling her cup (the Queen of this set, I imagine?)

    Looks like a fun project! I'm ever so fond of the Swords and Wands sets, myself. Such powerful imagery to play with there!

    ReplyDelete