Thursday, October 29, 2009

The First Star

Size: 14.5 x 19 inches
Medium: Watercolors

I do think I've finally broken my Green streak at least, and instead landed squarely in a Blue/Gold one. Though with the next paintings I've got planned I'll be moving on from this as well. More wings and more angels coming up.

The other night I was going for an evening walk around the neighborhood with my husband, and we came across a 12x12 inch wacom intuos tablet that someone had left out with the trash (on top of a 21 inch CRT monitor, now that is trash!) I took it home, figuring it must be broken, but I'd give it a try anyway. Surprise, it worked! So it's quite a bit larger than the one I've been using all this time, 6x8 inches. I'm almost thinking it's too big for most of my purposes! Still it's fun to have such a large surface to work on.

Mmm...oven's preheated, off to throw together that pizza for dinner tonight! After years of searching, I've finally found the perfect dough recipe. It's really wordy, but the actual steps are pretty simple: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html

5 comments:

  1. You actually found a 12x12 Wacom in the TRASH??? And it's working...? O.O
    That's insane. But totally awesome for you!

    And the new painting looks stunning. Blue and gold go so well together. Can’t wait to see what colors you’re going to use next time though. Exciting. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color sceme of this painting. Beautiful as always. Wait, Steph, you do digi art too? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did digital art long ago. I don't think there's much evidence of it left on my website, but there's a few leftover pieces. I started playing with watercolors about 10 years ago, and by 2001 I had pretty much abandoned digital completely, in favor of watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although, I love seeing all you do artistically, I hope you don't stop doing watercolor any time soon!

    This piece has a lovely delicately feminine feel. The gold on blue really gives off a glow.

    ReplyDelete