Monday, June 28, 2010

INATS & Colorado

Had a lovely trip out to Denver. My artist friend Sandra Santara was kind enough to show me around her local haunts. On our way to breakfast at a tasty Cajun joint in Boulder we stopped for a breath of fresh air at this lovely vantage point.
The recent rain made the wildflowers happy, and there was a glowing yellow spread of them carpeting the fields and leading up to the distant blue mountains.


Also took a brief detour to a neat little teahouse full of imported Mongolian decor. I found it interesting that the Mongolian motifs looked almost Celtic with the panels of interlacing, or Venetian in the coloring and swirls. Picked up some yummy teas while I was there: Blueberry Rooibos, and Lady Grey's Garden (Earl Grey with floral accents. Smells and tastes almost chocolaty!)
Back on the road, and we finally meandered back over to Denver to make it to INATS around noon. The signing was a success. Llewellyn folks were super friendly and welcoming to me.


As we drive back to the airport on Sunday, the "Demon Blue Stallion" (as Sandra dubs it) wishes you a safe journey (or something like that). Looks kinda ominous with those glowing red coal eyes and the lurking storms overhead huh?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Colorado in several years. I miss it. I was born in Denver, but didn't live there for long. It still feels like home to me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Colorado...i grew up in Los Angeles, but moved here in 89 and LOVE it! Looks like you had a successful trip too! As for the demon horse...the name fits, since the sculpture actually killed the artist....yikes! Looking forward to your new book! cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live out in Colorado too, between denver and boulder. I'm glad to hear you had fun and got to see some local attractions. I love the tea house in Boulder too :D
    I can't wait to save up money and collect all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, it killed the artist...isnt that creepy!
    a section of the sculpture fell on him, and severed an artery in his leg. His son finished painting it.

    ReplyDelete