Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Squirrel Sketch

Zach Wong (creator of Revelations Tarot) has been on me to do this image for at least a year. Ironically it takes having a kidlet around preventing me from having much time to paint, to actually have the time to paint. The last painting I just did "Final Sleep," was so large that it was hard to work on it while holding Claire. I needed something smaller to be able to hold on my lap because I can't stand to not be doing something.

Some of you may know the origins of this, and others may be scratching your heads asking ?!?!?!what?!??!! is The Happy Squirrel?

Episode 2F15
"Lisa's Wedding"
Written by Greg Daniels
Directed by Jim Reardon

Woman: I've been waiting for you, Lisa.
Lisa: [gasps] How did you know my name?
Woman: Your nametag. ["Hi, I'm Lady Lisa"] Would you like to know your future?
Lisa: Heh, sorry, I don't believe in fortune telling. I should go.
Woman: What's your hurry? Bart and Maggie and Marge are at the joust, and Homer is heckling the puppet show.
Lisa: [gasps] Wow, you can see into the...present.
Woman: Now we'll see what the future holds. [turns over a card from what looks like a Tarot deck]
Lisa: [gulps] The "Death" card?
Woman: No, that's good: it means transition, change.
Lisa: [relieved] Oh.
[the woman turns over another card]
Lisa: Oh, that's cute.
Woman: [gasps] "The Happy Squirrel"!
Lisa: [timid] That's bad?
Woman: Possibly. The cards are vague and mysterious.

(Discussions on the Happy Squirrel card can be found -here-.)

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but hear Dug's voice ... SQUIRREL! ... lovely sketch

    ReplyDelete