Friday, September 25, 2009

On Computers, Productivity, and Unicorns

*grumble* Well, my new computer is delayed STILL. It was supposed to be shipped out on the 18th, but at this point it doesn't look like it will be shipped until the 28th at the earliest. Which leaves me very grumblesome.

On the bright side, without computer distractions I have been extremely productive. Can't scan any of the art yet, but I'm down to the last two zodiac paintings. There will be big pile of new stuff to upload once the new computer gets here. I might possibly be done with all of them by the time this mythical "new computer" ever shows up on my doorstep. So patience for your next fix of art -- this famine will definitely have a feast at the end of it.

Also, all pre-orders of The Art of Shadowscapes Tarot have now been shipped (up to 10 business days for US orders, up to 8 days for international, so if you ordered yours more towards the end of the pre-order period, it might be a couple of weeks before you see it yet), after a flurry of sketching all of the past two weeks, and marching many armloads of books up and down the two flights of steps from my front door to the street. Dana is convinced that I'm having him shuttle the same box up and down the steps each morning and evening as a thinly veiled ploy to exercise him.

And finally, I heard from a little bird that The First Last Unicorn book by Peter S. Beagle might actually see the light of day, nearly 5 years after I did that painting (and the series of pencil drawings I did for the interior as well). I had thought that the publisher decided to scrap the project completely when a long period of silence ensued completion of the art, but they contacted me last week to let me know that it would possibly be released early next year. I might be adding a few more pencil drawings for the additional stories that had been appended to the collection in the intervening years.

* * *



7 comments:

  1. Cant wait to get my copy of that Tarot Deck, Ive never wanted one so much until i saw yours! LoL. And sorry about your computer, i can't wait to see the new updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, really sorry about the computer ! Great news about the P.S. Beagle book though ! It'd be a shame to let that painting go to waste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know if the interwebz can handle a super-upload of all your zodiac paintings at once! I am greatly looking forward to seeing those and buying a print or two.

    I also love the graphite work you've posted for the First Last Unicorn - makes me want to work in black and white again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I love working in black and white. Haven't had a chance to do pencil pieces in a while, so it'll be fun to do a few more of those for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie
    I have just nominated you for a blog award I hope you dont mind :)
    Details are here: jasmoonbutterfly.blogspot.com
    Love & light
    Traceyanne x

    ReplyDelete