Monday, March 12, 2012

Vertical Aspirations

Vertical Aspirations
Size: 10x16 inches
Medium: Watercolors
Detail views & Prints available -here-

A lotus is symbol of purity, rising from the mud and muck at the bottom of a pond to spread untainted and beautiful petals to the world above. And the carp who swim endlessly upstream to attain the perfection of transformation into a dragon.


Some sketches along the way. Sketchbook brainstorming, digital thumbnailing, and final working sketch on the painting surface.

Link

5 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty.
    I love the colors.
    But where is the new fox one? I've been checking every day for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is temporarily sidelined while I work on commissions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, absolutely breath taking! You never cease to amaze me! This would also make a great scarf, you know. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Love! Love! Very beautiful!Your art makes me happy! Great thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O this is sooo fantastic!!! I love my flower ; )
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete