Monday, December 10, 2012

Aerial silk dancing sketches

Sketches for another Dreamdance Oracle card. This one's called "The Precipice", with aerial silk dancing. Spent a while this morning watching videos on youtube of various performances, and doing some gesture drawings as I watched, to get the feel of it.  I've actually tried doing it myself once, and I can say it's one the hardest things I've ever attempted!  My whole upper body was sore and feeling like jelly for an entire two weeks. And ropeburn.  Oh my, the ropeburn! Gave me new appreciation for the people who do this and make it look so serene and effortless.
 



6 comments:

  1. if you ever went to an aerial class in e-ville, you may have taken from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! I went to Head Over Heels. Only went 3 times. Would have liked to do more, but it really feels like something you need to dedicate more than once-a-week to, and I was barely able to make that even! I think I would have loved it when I was younger and had more time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beutiful work!
    Greetings from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your work, all what you do is incredible..I have one of your book and tried to learn, I wish you would make videos tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea for a painting! Love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sketches are a perfect rendition of the aerial stunts performed by some of the Cirque du Soleil performers in a recent show I and my wife attended. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete